Welcome to Ms. Mezzetti’s high school biology website. This site offers students, parents and biology teachers resources such as lecture notes, powerpoints, worksheets and animations to help everyone better understand the themes and concepts of biology.
For teachers, the teacher resource page offers helpful resources for classroom management and pedagogy. Please feel free to email me: email@example.com
GREETINGS STUDENTS & PARENTS!
My night back in on Wednesday 2:30-3:30 in Room 308. I am available everyday after school from 2:30-3pm to answer any questions or concerns. For more information visit my syllabus page which details the course expectations.
- All syllabus forms must be signed by the student and parent by Friday, September 13th
- Listen out for our new Home Access Center for parents. You will be able to access your child’s grades online. We will have more information at our first Open House on Thursday, October 10th 6-8PM.
Cubist Pharmaceuticals and the New England Patriots Radio Network Honor Lynn, Massachusetts Biology Teacher
by Business Wirevia The Motley Fool, Apr 9th 2013 2:20PM
LEXINGTON, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NAS: CBST) , in partnership with The New England Patriots Radio Network, 98.5 The Sports Hub, today honored Lauren Mezzetti, a biology teacher at Lynn English High School in Lynn, Mass., as the recipient of the 2012 Cubist Pharmaceuticals Science Education Leadership Award.
As part of Ms. Mezzetti’s award, today Cubist’s Chief Scientific Officer Steven Gilman presented the Lynn English High School science department with a $5,000 check and former New England Patriot Joe Andruzzi addressed the students. During the football season, 12 “Teachers of the Week” were recognized as innovative science teachers in middle and high schools throughout New England. From the group, Ms. Mezzetti was selected as the award recipient. Ms. Mezzetti has taught biology at Lynn English High School for eight years and, prior to that, at the local middle school. Ms. Mezzetti is responsible for creating an important online resource for students, teachers and parents called Bulldog Biology. The site includes curriculum, lesson plans, worksheets, animations and links designed to help students better understand the themes and concepts of biology. Ms. Mezzetti also recently helped her science department secure a state grant to purchase new microscopes for her school. In addition to Ms. Mezzetti, the following “Teachers of the Week” were recognized during the New England Patriots radio broadcast:
- Julie Mark, Neighborhood House Charter School
- Jonas LaPointe, Franklin County Technical School
- Loreen Meyer, King Phillip Regional High School
- Lenora Goodwin, Central High School
- Harold Tuttle, Rundlett Middle School
- Nancy Gifford, Harwich Middle School
- Michael Maloney, Somerville High School
- Nancy Wile, Pentucket Regional Middle School
- Kelly Graveson, Douglas High School
- Scott Brown, Marlborough High School
- Richard Fox, Charlestown High School
Dr. Gilman said, “Ms. Mezzetti’s resourcefulness has created a hub from which students can advance their understanding and love of science, and helped bring new technology into her school that can enhance hands-on learning. We salute all of the Teachers of the Week for their efforts to build enthusiasm for science and inspire students to consider pursuing careers in related fields. At Cubist, we are dedicated to supporting the advancement of science, technology, engineering and mathematics education and are pleased to recognize some of the teachers who are leading the way in this important endeavor.” About Cubist Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products that address significant unmet medical needs in the acute care environment. Cubist is headquartered in Lexington, Mass. Additional information can be found at Cubist’s web site at www.cubist.com.
Cubist and Patriots Sports Hub Radio name Lauren Mezzetti Science Teacher of Year
Pictured: Sports Hub Broadcasters Andy Gresh, Gary Tanguay, Lauren and Cubist Director Amy Reilly
LYNN — LEHS Science teacher Lauren Mezzetti was recognized as “Science Teacher of the Year” by Cubist Pharmaceuticals and Patriots Sports Hub Radio. Lauren was awarded Patriots tickets and a meet and greet at CBS Scene with Cubist Director of Employee Communications & Philanthropy, Amy Reilly, Sports Hub broadcasters and Sports Hub rep Chris Lobono before the Patriots/Dolphins game this past Sunday. Cubist will award the LEHS science department $5,000 and a Patriot Alumni player will present the check to the school at an assembly at the end of the Patriots season along with Cubist and Sports Hub representatives. “The Cubist Science Education Leadership Award honors innovative science teachers in middle and high schools throughout New England.” Twelve finalists were chosen as “Teacher of the Week” each week during the Patriot’s regular season, naming one of the finalists “Teacher of the Year.” Ms. Mezzetti’s accomplishment has been broadcast during the Patriot’s game the past two weeks and will continue during the playoffs. So, listen to Sports Hub Radio 98.5 during the next Patriots game on Sunday January 13th starting at 4:20pm!
New to Bulldogbiology:
- Find our new 9th Grade Biology Curriculum on the Teacher Resources page. All LEHS 9th grade students will take the Biology MCAS in June 2013
- The Biology-9 pages are aligned to the new curriculum.
- Each page is set up for each MA standard with support materials from personal, other teachers here at Lynn English, textbook and online sources.
- Keywords are included for each topic as they relate to important biology concepts and MA standards.
- Topic related articles that help to develop critical thinking skills and promote scientific literacy.
- Labs and activities that provide experiences for students to develop 21st Century Science Skills.